Social Media for Businesses and Organizations
Social Media Revolution
- Facebook (fan pages)
- Create a Fan Page
- How to Build the Perfect Facebook Fan Page, 2011 Edition
- The maximum size allowed for the Profile Picture is 180w x 540h pixels. It is advisable to utilize the full allowed width, but how tall you make the Profile Picture depends on what you want it to convey.
- You should edit the profile thumbnail so that its composition reflects good visual branding. By default, Facebook reduces your Profile Picture and selects a 50 x 50 pixel section for your thumbnail, but you can edit this to improve it, and you should!
- On Pages, you can control which 5 images comprise the Photostrip, but you can’t control the order in which they appear.
- The five Pages that are displayed are pulled from a pool which can you administer. Admins should see this as an opportunity to promote other Pages with which they are associated.
- 8 Essential Apps for Your Brand’s Facebook Page
- Killer Facebook Fan Pages: 5 Inspiring Case Studies
- The fan page for popular potato chip brand Pringles stands out mostly for its great use of video. While Pringles has created an inviting laid back tone, and managed to engage fan via reviews, discussions, and original interactive games, the most notable aspect of the page is definitely their use of video.
- Starbuck is clearly dialed in to the world of social media, and that is reflected in the Starbucks fan page. The page incorporates great videos, varied content, and has active engagement with the fans. But what makes it truly exceptional, is its use of status updates.
- Running a contest on Facebook brings variety to a page’s content, engages fans, and has the ability to directly increase the company’s revenue by introducing new customers to the brand.
- Red Bull doesn’t just pull in tweets from their official corporate account, as you might expect most brands do. Instead, Red Bull has aggregated tweets from sponsored athletes like skateboarder Ryan Sheckler and snowboarder Shaun White and included them directly in their Facebook presence.
- 34 Ways to Use YouTube for Business
- Be consistent with colors, logos, and other styling
- Use your company name as your username; use the same username, when possible.
- Pay for a professional logo, if you don’t already have one.
- Social Media is a conversation
- Ask questions
- Respond to your customers’ questions, concerns, and comments.
- Gain new fans/followers through online-only promotions
- Promote sharing
- Link to social media accounts on main website
- Embed content from social media, e.g. recent tweets, for dynamic content
- Include “Share” buttons on your website/blog to help visitors share your site with others.
- Provide value with every post
- Don’t post too much (2-3 times per day is max for most)